There is a Chinese saying, “Too much of something is bad.” Karate Kid fans, ring any bell?
That is 100% accurate for people having Attention Health Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). It occurs when someone has an above-average intelligence level.
Most people would think, what is the big deal if our kid is extra smart? Well, in the case of ADHD, it is a big deal.
You can see ADHD in both children and adults. Some of the symptoms which can be a signal for someone experiencing ADHD are:
- Always active and doing some movement
- Talkative, interrupting others
- Forgetting things
Even though ADHD in adults is common, a bigger challenge for parents is having a kid with ADHD.
Is your kid experiencing symptoms of ADHD?
If Yes, we will tell you the ways you can help your ADHD child lead a healthy life.
Even though you will find ADHD treatments recommended by doctors and professional, what your kid need is something more than that.
What might that be?
It’s knowing how you can manage ADHD and making sure your kid lives a healthy life.
How can this be achieved?
Here are some tips for you to keep in mind.
Getting good sleep is a nice way to relax the mind. Even though sleeping is considered a lazy habit, doctors and health experts recommend it.
For showing support, you need to make sure your kid gets an adequate amount of sleep.
But the question is, “should they sleep as much as they want”?
The answer is in the first line of the blog.
You need to have a routine for your child and designate time(s) to sleep. And while you do this, make sure they are not doing anything else apart from trying to sleep.
If your kid still has trouble sleeping, immediately consult mental health professionals. It may be a case of extreme insomnia, which is one of the common sleep disorders.
What is your kid eating?
What should your kid be eating?
Answer to these questions can play a vital part in supporting your child’s ADHD condition.
To stabilize the hyperactive nature of your kid, health professionals recommend using:
- Proteins: Items like fish, egg, nuts, and dairy products are some of the things that should be available at your home to feed your kid.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Consumption of almost all types of fruits and vegetables will play its part in your kid managing the ADHD condition.
- Calcium: For maintaining good physical and psychological health, the consumption of calcium-filled products is helpful for kids with ADHD.
Now, let’s look at some of the things which are not suggested in an ADHD condition. You may either tone down or eliminate these from your kid’s diet. Some of these products are:
- White rice
- White flour products
In the digital age of social media, gaming consoles have made children stay indoors instead of going out.
Is your kid also among these?
If so, you are not alone.
But just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right. Having a kid with ADHD is as good a time as any to break the norm and encourage outdoor activities.
Have specified hours for exercise and physical activities that are sustainable for your kid.
What benefit will that give to your kid?
Let us tell you some of the many advantages to look forward to:
- Contributes to having a stable psychological condition.
- Gains a sense of achievement that can remove self-doubts.
- Connects with other kids and socialize. Doing this can avoid falling into social depression disorders.
- Learns how to be competitive and accept defeat rather than be depressed about it.
- Feels positive and happy about what you are doing to prevent mental depression disorders.
The Final Word:
Having a kid with ADHD was not in your control. But taking care of your kid with ADHD indeed is.
Even after knowing ways to cope with the ADHD condition, it affects different people in different ways.
One of the steps to take is to get in touch with mental health counselors. At quality psychiatric health wellness, we have licensed professional mental health counselors. Book your virtual appointment and know what you can do for the wellbeing of your ADHD kid.