Quality Psychiatric Health and Wellness offers comprehensive in-person or online depression treatment.
What is Depression?
Depression is a mood disorder in which the individual experiences low moods that can be debilitating if left untreated.
What are the different types of Depressive Moods and Related Disorders?
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Disruptive mood Dysregulation Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Depressive Disorder due to other health conditions
What are the signs and symptoms of Depression?
Symptoms of Depression can range from mild to severe and can include:
- Depressed or low mood daily
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that you once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — unintended weight gain or loss
- Sleep disturbances — sleeping too much or trouble sleeping
- Increased fatigue or low energy levels
- slowed movements or speech
- Feelings of restlessness
- Feelings of excessive guilty or worthlessness
- Difficulty concentrating or thinking
- Difficulty making decisions
- Thoughts of death or committing suicide
What are the causes of Depression?
Depression can affect anyone and can be caused by multiple factors:
- Genetics — runs in the families
- Stress/low esteem
- Hormonal imbalance
- Chemical imbalance
- Environmental factors such as poverty, neglect, exposure to violence, abuse, trauma.
- Medical conditions such as brain tumors, thyroid disorders, vitamin deficiency, and other nutritional imbalances.
*Understanding and treating the root cause is the key to recovery. Let us help you.
What are the treatment options for Depression?
The first step is to do a comprehensive evaluation to confirm your diagnosis. At Quality Psychiatry Health and Wellness, we have in-person or telehealth treatment for Depression. Initial assessments may take up to 90 minutes to discuss your history thoroughly and allow you to have your questions answered. Dr. Ndubaku treats Depression in children, adolescents, and adults. She will work with you to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that is suitable for you. Depression treatment plans include medications, natural remedies, online depression counseling or in-person, and lifestyle modifications. You will be given healthy tips to help you maintain your state of wellness. The goal is to treat beyond your symptoms, determine the root cause, and help you live a quality life.