Eating disorders are disturbances in eating habits that impair psychosocial functioning and health. These disorders may include binge eating, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, pica, and avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder.
Treatment for an eating disorder:
Treatment for an eating disorder depends on the type of the disorder. Typically, a multidisciplinary approach is needed to help treat the psychosocial, medical, behavioral, and emotional factors involved.
- Medication management
- Nutritional support and counseling
A few questions to consider:
- Do you feel fat when others say you are too thin?
- Do you avoid eating due to calories when you are underweight?
- Are you constantly counting every calorie in your snacks and meals?
- Do you eat until you feel sick?
- Do you often hide to avoid people seeing you eat?
- Do you think food dominates your thoughts?
At Quality Psychiatric Health and Wellness, we have eating disorder treatment online or in-person to alleviate your symptoms are put you on the path of wellness.